Chariton Valley Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative, owned and operated by those who receive services from us, headquartered in Albia, Iowa.
Chariton Valley Electric serves around 6,000 homes and businesses in the City of Albia and portions of the seven Iowa counties of Appanoose, Davis, Lucas, Marion, Monroe, Wapello and Wayne. Over 1,300 miles of overhead and underground line are owned and maintained by Chariton Valley Electric. See our Board of Directors and their districts.
2090 Hwy 5 South
P.O. Box 486
Albia IA 52531-0486
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The office is closed for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1, 2021
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2, 2021
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 23, 20201
- Independence Day - Sunday, July 4, 2021
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Eve Day - Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020
When the holiday falls on a Saturday, the office will be closed on the preceding Friday.
When the holiday falls on a Sunday, the office will be closed the following Monday.
Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week by calling 641-932-7126 or 800-475-1702.
Our mission at Chariton Valley Electric Cooperative is to safely deliver reliable power and innovative services at competitive rates while providing superior member service.