Service Line Extension Policy
- The Cooperative will design, own, and construct line extensions following acceptable engineering practices. The route of all extension shall be solely determined by the Cooperative, after consideration of the member’s needs.
- The member will be required to provide an advance for construction before construction begins. The amount of the advance for construction will be calculated using the continuing property records of the Cooperative. The member will be expected to deposit an amount equal to 90% of the calculated construction cost. The Cooperative will be responsible for all remaining line extension costs.
- In calculating the contribution, the shortest practicable route shall be used for the distance regardless of the route actually constructed.
- For overhead construction the member shall be responsible for providing a cleared right of way onto or across their property, and shall provide the Cooperative with the necessary easements.
- For underground construction the member shall be responsible for providing a cleared right of way, re-backfill and reseeding across their property, and shall provide the Cooperative with the necessary easements.
- Equipment or facilities installed for the Coop’s convenience shall be at the Coop’s expense.
Refunds of Advance For Construction Costs
- No interest will be paid on a deposit made for an advance for construction.
- Members shall receive a discount calculated monthly based on their actual kWh consumption TIMES the average residential revenue per kWh (from the December Form 7 for the prior year) less purchase power cost (from the December Form 7 for the prior year). The discount will begin the first month of service on the account and cease at the earlier of 36 months, or when the cumulative discount equals the deposit they made. The discount is nontransferable, and shall cease if the member moves from the dwelling originally taking service.
Charges Associated With Service Drops
- For all of the Cooperative’s service area
- Residential overhead and/or underground construction, the member is responsible for all cost associated with the purchase of proper material and the installation thereof.
- Small Business, Commercial or Industrial, overhead and/or underground, the member is responsible for all costs associated with the purchase of proper material and the installation thereof.